Home News Job Opportunity: Temporary replacement of the Executive Assistant to the Ambassador of Belgium
Job Opportunity: Temporary replacement of the Executive Assistant to the Ambassador of Belgium
Date:08 June 2021
The Embassy of Belgium in Ottawa is recruiting a Multilingual Executive Assistant to the Ambassador for a temporary period of 10 months.
- A varied job with responsibility and visibility in a pleasant international environment;
- Contract for the duration of the maternity leave 10 months of the current Executive Assistant, starting on August 15, 2021;
- Competitive and secure salary and working conditions.
- First point of contact for persons wishing to be in contact with the Ambassador;
- Management, coordination and co-organization of the Ambassador’s agenda (meetings, correspondence, travels, visits, etc.);
- Administration relating to the Ambassador’s professional expenses;
- Correspondence and contact with amongst others the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Canadian government officials;
- Maintenance of a database relating to the Ambassador’s professional contacts;
- Support with the organization of events and public diplomacy initiatives of the Embassy.
Main skills and competences:
- You must have a Canadian residency permit valid for the entire period of the contract;
- Fluent in Canada’s official languages French and English (written and oral) and preferably Dutch as well;
- Proficient with computer programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Have an affinity and fondness for Belgium, its culture, food and humor;
- Good communicator and pleasant colleague within a small team;
- Ability to respect deadlines and to work autonomously and accurately;
- Tactfulness and confidentiality.
A prior similar work experience and knowledge of Canadian and Belgian institutions are an asset. Enthusiasm, flexibility and eagerness to learn quickly are assets too.
Applications or questions relating to the job description should be sent to the attention of Mr. Arnaud Gaspart, head of administration, at Ottawa@diplobel.fed.be
Deadline for applications: June 17th, 2021