Passport applications in Montreal
What do I need to do?
1. You must be registered with this Consulate-General.
2. Book an appointment online.
4. When you come for your appointment to the Consulate-General, you will need to bring with you:
- The completed application form and your old passport
- A copy of your Canadian driver’s license or another document showing your current address in Canada.
- A copy of your Canadian immigration documents (work permit - permanent resident card - visitor record ...) (if you are not a Canadian citizen).
- If you hold a second nationality other than Belgian: a copy of your foreign identity card and/or passport.
- Should you be Canadian, but not born in Canada: a copy of your Canadian Citizenship Certificate, long form, showing the date of naturalisation.
- A prepaid registered envelope, e.g. Xpresspost regional or national, UPS, FedEx, Purolator, addressed to yourselves, should you wish to receive the new passport by post
5. Cost: 127,5 CAD for a passport for an adult, 59,5 CAD for a passport for a minor. Payment at time of appointment (by certified cheque, debit or credit card, or money order).
6. Children under the age of 6: Send us the application form either in Dutch or in French (signed by the two parents), two recent passport photos and a certified cheque or money order for 59,5 CAD made out to the Consulate-General of Belgium. A prepaid registered envelope, e.g. Xpresspost regional or national, UPS, FedEx, Purolator, addressed to yourselves, should you wish to receive the new passport by post.