Identity card applications in Montreal
What do I need to do?
1. You need to be be registered with this Consulate General.
3. Cost: 32 CAD.
4. To submit your application, you do not need to come to the Consulate General or make an appointment. You can send it by post.To do this, you must send the following documents to the Consulate General:
- The completed and signed application form in black ink;
- Two recent passport photos;
- A photocopy of your current identity card or passport OR the actual expired identity card itself;
- A postal order or certified check for 32 CAD - made out to the Consulate General of Belgium in Montreal (cash only payable in person);
- A prepaid registered envelope (Xpresspost regional or national, UPS, FedEx, Purolator,…) , addressed to yourselves, should you wish to receive your new ID-card by post.
5. The processing time to obtain a new identity card is around 6 weeks.