Extract from the criminal record

Information about the criminal record extract.

  1. Last updated on

You live abroad and you wish to obtain an extract from the Belgian criminal record (covering the period during which you resided in Belgium)  

You need to send a personal request by e-mail to: 

Federal Public Service Justice 
Central criminal record 

Please specify in your request: 

  • your name and first name 
  • your address 
  • your date and place of birth 
  • the reason for your request 

To certify your identity, please attach a scan (pdf) of your identity card or passport. 

The extract from the criminal record is issued free of charge. 

You wish to obtain an extract from the criminal record for a period of time during which you resided abroad 

You must contact directly the authorities of the country concerned. 

Some foreign authorities might charge a fee for issuing that document.